Diagnostics and Treatment Planning
After a tour of our office, one of our staff will sit down with you to review any of your concerns as well as your medical and dental history. Only necessary and appropriate X-rays will be taken with our state-of-the-art digitized intra-oral and panoramic systems. Digital photography, an intra-oral camera, and doctor magnifying loops are used to capture these magnified details to enhance our diagnostic insights and to allow for better patient understanding. Our comprehensive data collection includes:
- An oral cancer screening and an assessment of the soft tissues in the mouth.
- A TMJ and bite assessment.
- A periodontal health assessment.
- An assessment of the condition of your teeth.
- The effects of missing teeth.
- A discussion of the aesthetics of your smile.
In complicated situations, more advanced analyses may be necessary to understand the complexity of the pathology. However, when Dr. McCoy has diagnosed your dental health problems, a separate consultation appointment will be provided to discuss your oral health and what treatment(s) is/are necessary and/or elective.
Management of Oral Hygiene and Gum Problems
With regular professional attention and guidance, we are able to manage problems that might develop; we can stop small problems from developing into large ones. Our program for gum disease management is an effective non-surgical approach for treating early and moderate levels of periodontal disease. Our non-surgical effective approach is generally pain-free and accomplished without dental injections by using a new topical product called Oraqix. After a gentle deep scaling and prophylaxis with skilled hands, antimicrobial (Arestin) pastes are placed in the deeper, more infected periodontal pockets to kill the harmful bacteria.
Hopefully, these treatments will allow a secondary reattachment of the gum to the tooth surface so the gum pocketing around the teeth is reduced. Necessary oral hygiene techniques and protocols are recommended as needed. These may include routine brushing and flossing techniques, an ultrasonic toothbrush, Oxyfresh (chlorine dioxide) products, and other new fluoride tooth sealant products to help arrest sensitivity, decay, and gum re-infection.
Let’s Get You Looking Your Best!
Cosmetic Dentistry is very popular today. A beautiful smile can enhance one’s self-esteem as well as provide one with stronger teeth.
Dr. McCoy is proficient in all facets of Restorative Dentistry, including:
- Placing resin (white) fillings
- Fabricating and placing single crowns and veneers
- Restoring multiple teeth with crowns or veneers
- Restoring missing teeth with fixed bridges or removable appliances
- Fabricating all types of dentures
- Placing dental implants and restoring with crowns
- Orthodontic correction with Invisalign
- Soft tissue laser surgery
- Root canal therapy
- Tooth extractions
- Treatment of bite related problems
- ALL facets of cosmetic dentistry and smile enhancement
Improve Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
With our in office digital technology we custom-fashion veneers to improve the appearance of your teeth.
We routinely provide veneers to fix:
- Discolored teeth
- Teeth that are heavily worn
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Teeth with gaps between them