Repair a Damaged Tooth in Just One Appointment
If you have a tooth that’s damaged or decayed, Dr. McCoy can restore it to full function with a dental crown. Many dentists require two or three office visits over the course of a few weeks to place a crown, but using our CEREC technology, we can complete the process in just one appointment.
How is this possible? Instead of waiting weeks for a laboratory to make your crown and deliver it to us, we mill your custom crown right here in our office, saving you valuable time.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a small cap that we place over your damaged tooth, restoring its strength and appearance. A crown can be made from a variety of materials including metal or zirconia, but CEREC crowns are ceramic. This ensures your crown will look natural and enhance your smile for years to come.
Dental crowns can be used to treat a variety of issues. Some of the most common include:
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Severely decayed or worn down teeth
- Misshapen or discolored teeth
- Teeth with large fillings
- To restore a severely stained tooth that resists whitening treatment
The CEREC Process
At Progressive Dentistry, Sleep & Wellness, we’re proud to feature the computer-aided CEREC design system. CEREC’s advanced CAD/CAM software generates a precise digital image of the affected tooth, eliminating the need for messy and time-consuming physical dental impressions.
A digital impression is much more accurate than a physical impression, so your attractive CEREC crown will fit your tooth perfectly. Since we mill your new crown here at our office, you won’t have to wear a temporary crown while you wait for your new one.
We want you to spend less time in the dental chair so you can spend more time enjoying your new smile.
The Benefits of CEREC Crowns
CEREC single-visit crowns offer a range of unique benefits that traditional crowns can’t match:
- Fast — CEREC crowns can be designed, created, and placed in just over an hour, so you won’t have to wait days for your new smile.
- Minimally Invasive — The CEREC process allows us to preserve a greater portion of the tooth.
- Efficient — The speed and accuracy of CEREC technology allow Dr. McCoy to restore one or more teeth in just one appointment.
- Precise — The standard method of using a physical impression to design dental restorations is often inaccurate, while our CAD/CAM technology provides high-resolution 3D images of your smile to ensure a snug fit for your crown.
Get a Beautiful Same-Day Crown in Glen Mills
Are you looking to restore a damaged tooth? If so, a CEREC single-visit crown could be the ideal solution for your smile. To learn more about this convenient treatment, give us a call in Glen Mills, PA at (610) 358-5690 and schedule your consultation with Dr. McCoy today.
During this visit, we’ll answer your questions so you can choose the right treatment for your smile.